As Autism Awareness Month ends and the annual Telemedicine meeting begins, we celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the first ‘Autism Telemedicine’ Public Service video that our founders introduced in 2002. The promise of Autism Telemedicine articulated then is increasingly deployed today to improve diagnosis, treatment and assessment of children with autism. To celebrate we take a look back at where we came from, remember key milestones, and trace the evolution of our ever-expanding, innovative solutions. Looking back to where we came from and a look where we continue to innovate.
2002- First PSA for Autism Telehealth video
2012- Behavior Connect is a full-featured, HIPPA-Compliant telehealth and health records platform
2014- Behavior Imaging clients in education, behavior health, the military, and research have created over 600,000 evidence assessed using BI technology
Behavior Imaging History
- January 2001 – Princeton Autism Technology Established
- Ron and Sharon establish PAT, a non-profit dedicated to research on how telemedicine and teletherapy can assist families and teachers who care for children with autism.
- March 2002 – Oberleitners Create TalkAutism
- Ron and Sharon create TalkAutism portal ( www.talkautism.org ) to help the autism community ‘Share Knowledge, Information and Assistance.’ Eventually, several nonprofits and for profits will embed TalkAutism utilities in their websites.
- April 2005 – BI Autism Telehealth first presented at ATA
- November 2005 – Personal Health Record Featuring Behavior Imaging
- Company provides autism’s first personal health record that can share and mark video clip data; uses it to help manage relief of AutismCares’ Katrina victims .
- 2006 – ‘Technologies to Lessen the Distress of Autism’ first of many book chapters
- 2007 – 1st Autism Telehealth Summit
- November 2007 – NIH Research Validates Behavior Imaging
- National Institutes of Health fund a nationwide study to assess if Behavior Imaging. Research proves 43% less data collection errors, and validates 30 professionals’ preference for multiple classroom applications.
- November 2009 – Company launches Assessment View
- Contract calls for integration pf Behavior Imaging with state’s student database to collect and manage digital evidence of special needs student progress
- 2010 – Telehealth for Rural Therapy via Military Project
- April 2010 – US Patent Office Awards Behavior Imaging Trademark
- Patented trademark of the term ‘Behavior Imaging’ is based on the company’s extensive use and publishing record
As part of the November 8th, 2011 Atlanta Autism Coalition Conference, Ron Oberleitner was invited to speak regarding the company’s “Autism Technology” history.
Click here to add your own text