“Play with Others” is one of the four categories that need to be recorded in order for a clinician to diagnose your child.
How to Record a “Play with Others” Video
– Record your child playing with a sibling (or with you if no siblings).
– Set up five fun items (toys/books/NO ELECTRONICS).
– Mount camera so both play partners and the toys are in view and the child is facing camera.
– Briefly interact with the child (say his name; direct his attention to sibling; offer a toy- hold it out but don’t give it to him) and then wait for his reaction.
– After a few minutes let the children play. If no sibling, play with the child but let him guide the play.